Balassi Summer University awaits everyone who wish to learn Hungarian language and want to know more about Hungarian culture.
Intensive Hungarian language lessons are combined with lectures on Hungarian literature, history, folk and fine arts, movie history, wine culture etc. in the 4-week programme. The course taking place in Budapest provides a fine opportunity to introduce participants into the Hungarian cultural heritage, as well as for them to discover and experience individually a variety of enriching cultural programmes offered by the Hungarian capital city in the summer.
Our qualified, experienced and enthusiastic teachers, who are always open to the students’ needs, ensure the high standard of language education.
The programme is available in a scholarship-form as well as in a self-financed way. The number of annually awarded scholarship grants is limited, so the Evaluation Board has to handle applicants’ meeting conditions and deadlines strictly.
Previous Call for Application
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the expense of the Summer University for a participant, with an average lifestyle?
- Is the study programme also available in a self-financed form?
- Is knowledge of Hungarian language required to participate in the programme?
- Is it possible to stay in a dormitory?
- How does the application process work?
All questions are available here:
Balassi Summer University FAQ