What type of visa do I need for a scholarship? Can I get a job with this visa in Hungary besides my studies?

The University Preparatory Programme is an adult education programme, so you need to apply for a visa for the purpose of training if entry into Hungary is visa required. This type of visa/residence permit does not allow you to work. Employment is not recommended due to the high number of lessons.

If you have Hungarian citizenship or live in a European Union member state, you do not need a visa to enter.

You will also find information about entering Hungary and visa on the following pages:

Visa-free travel to Hungary: https://konzinfo.mfa.gov.hu/en/visa-free-travel-hungary

How to Apply for a Visa: https://konzinfo.mfa.gov.hu/en/how-apply-visa

EU Visa Facilitation Agreements: https://konzinfo.mfa.gov.hu/en/eu-visa-facilitation-agreements

List of Third Countries Where a Schengen State Issues Visas on Behalf of Hungary: https://konzinfo.mfa.gov.hu/en/list-third-countries-where-schengen-state-issues-visas-behalf-hungary

Was this helpful?